The chassis is one of the most important items of your caravan, folding camper, trailer tent, trailer or horsebox to be inspected and serviced. During our comprehensive chassis service we check the complete running gear from the hitch to brakes and lights. A chassis service is included as part of our full service.
As an Al-ko and BPW trained and AWS Approved Workshop, a scheme from the National Caravan Council (NCC), Caravan Club and the Caravan and Camping Club our servicing is done to the highest standards which are annually verified and certified and will maintain the chassis warranty from most manufacturers.
We carry out the following work, and provide a thorough report of our findings.
- Coupling head & safety catch for wear (lubricate if required)
- Check and clean pads on ball acting stabiliser (where fitted)
- Condition & routing of breakaway cable & clips
- Operation of over run piston & lubricate
- Jockey wheel clean & lubricate
- Operation of handbrake & lubricate
- Brake rods, cables & supports
- Remove wheels & check tyres for wear, damage, age & pressure
- Test operation of the road lights
- Remove brake drums & check bearings, seals & linings (clean & lubricate)
- Replace drums with new split pins or one shot nuts & torque to manufacturers settings
- Adjust brakes at drum & check free play in the linkages & at handbrake
- Condition & security of chassis & attachment to body
- Operation of suspension assemblies
- Corner steadies operation (& lubricate)
- Spare wheel carrier & folding step for operation & lubricate
- Inspect 12N, 12S or 13 pin cables and plugs